Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

Birthday Treats

Did I mention it was my birthday yesterday? The day after my anniversary, which makes May a particularly joyful time around here.

If this weekend is any indicator, I have a feeling this is going to be a pretty wonderful year. I am spoiled: the Washington area's best almond croissant after church on Sunday, two children taking a blissfully long nap Sunday afternoon, and a feast of salmon, asparagus and potatoes followed by homemade chocolate cake with chocolate butter cream frosting. It's a pretty sweet life, my friends.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, a new lens to play with in the coming weeks. A birthday that was more extravagant than simple, but I am left full and smiling.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again, happy birthday! Glad to hear you had a great day. Can't wait to see you guys soon!

Unknown said...

Ooo I had a lensbaby with my Olympus. Loved it!

Vicki said...

Happy birthday and happy treats!

Kerry said...

Happy belated birthday! I hope it was as beautiful as you my dear! I am loving the pictures you are taking with the new lens!

Lauren Oliver said...

You deserve a little extravagant every once in a while! Hope you had a wonderful day!