Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

For A Laugh

(random photos in which Hugo is smothered with love)

I think all of you who spend time around little kids know that there is a lot of laughter, because man do they come up with the funniest things.  From our neck of the woods:

A little conversation with Zosia, who has taken to setting the table for dinner every evening.
Me: Zosia, great job setting the table.  You know, one day you might be a mommy of your own family and get to set the table for them, too.
Zosia:  And then will I have a little daughter to set the table for me?

Hm... she does have a point.

(this picture makes me laugh... the look of complete adoration on Zosia's face, and poor little Hugo desperately trying to escape)

Lily, on the other hand, has mastered the art of testing limits in her very cute little way.  The other day we were all outside and she was doing something risky (as she seems to enjoy) like using her bicycle as a stepstool to climb onto a tree.

Me:  Lily, you may not use your bicycle as a stepstool.
Lily (very earnestly): Oh, I'm sorry, mom!  I didn't realize you were looking!

Along those lines, if I ask her to stop a certain behavior, she stops it, waits for a second, and then says (with a big smile on her face) "Mommy, please don't look at me right now!" and then as soon as I look away, commences with the activity.  One of these days I will have to stop laughing at this little tactic... but it's just too cute.

Any funny kid moments in your family?



2 comments:

Ms. T. said...

No funny kids in our family, but a few in my class:

Student: "I think we're going to move to Colorado because my dad thinks the coffee is too expensive here."

Student, after being told to lift his chin so I don't catch it in his coat zipper: "My dad did that to his pants once and he hurt his you-know-what. He screamed a lot."

Adele said...

Ha! Oh, my... you must have so many good ones stored up from all the years.